Thursday 23 April 2009

A blessed design...

Hey, been a while since I last posted something worth reading here...

And as usual it's simply because I've been spending more time on my designs.


So one of the first 'works' I worked on as soon as I got back from my visit 700KMs away. Without ever opening Photoshop or any other image editing software out there. I worked on this...

Goapele
[This pic is also here: Behance deviantArt Flickr My website ]


Took me about thirty minutes to work on the initial look. Then around an hour fiddling with the background. Not sure of the colours to use, then settled on a simple black and white (b&w) image. I don't know why. I just have some sort of weird perversion when it comes to b&w pictures and graphics. So I settled on B&W.

I actually cut out one other pic while I was working on this image. But I've decided to finish it at a later stage.

Anyway, hope you didn't miss me too much. Feast your eyes on that in the mean time. (till I finish my other designs...)

Oh, wait, before I go...

The person in the pic is singer Goapele. A South African native living in America.

She's a friend (I don't wanna use the word contact, sounds less personal. lol) of mine on most social networking websites I'm on. I've been a fan since Closer came out while I was still dreaming to be "closer to my dreams". Now I am, and I just wanted to hook something up for her, to show some appreciation.

I first featured a mini-work of her on my first website... //click here / Didn't really do much to the pic except enhance it.

I sent her a message on Twitter asking her what she thought of the design, and without mincing her words, she basically said...

That's all the blessing I needed. And, NO I DIDN'T PHOTOSHOP THAT REPLY!


Thanx Goap!

(yeah, we on nickname basis now. I just gave her that. "Goap! That's what's up!" it rhymes, I know. ©PaperCut 2009-forever!)

Check her out on the following sites:

Peace & love!


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "A blessed design..."