Tuesday 27 January 2009

Strippers can't/don't walk


Let's face it, walking is pretty simple. All you have to do is just put one foot in front of the other, and move towards a direction (usually foward). Very easy. As a child you spent a long time trying to master this fine art of walking. You fell on your behind a few times, but that didn't stop you. You got up and tried and tried and tried again. Up to the point where you don't even have to think about it anymore. Great! Good for you. Congratulations!

I don't know a lotta strippers. In fact, I don't know any strippers at all. Not one. But after watching an episode of 30 Rock last night, I realised something. I've never actually seen a stripper walk. Not once. (Except in movies when they chase after the good guy who happens to see the good in them, and wants to take them out, treat them like real women. You know the drill.)

Anyway, so I'm watching this great new sitcom that's only been introduced to our TV screens on Monday. And in this particular episode (I think it's the first, I dunno) the main actress is out at a strib club with Tracy Morgan, in what was initially just a simple lunch meeting.
So they end up at this strip club, and I noticed how none of the strippers actually walk anywhere. They don't walk. They sorta dance their way wherever they wanna go.

It's like they're stripping while 'walking' towards stripping.

Especially the lapdancers, everything is a dance. Picking money up from the floor, walking away after being rejected by potential 'clients', everything.

In fact, I don't think I remember seeing Demi Moore walk anywhere throughout Striptease. I can't even remember how she ended up on that boat, dancing for that guy. I really don't remember. But I remember her dance moves though. I guess that's the whole point for the movie. Maybe they didn't even show her walk. I don't know.

Either they're dancing everywhere or they're crawling. Never just walking. Maybe it's all part of the performace anticipation thing.


"Keep the stripee interested at all times"


If there are any strippers out there, maybe you could clarify this for me.


Or maybe I should dedicate a night out and go to a stripclub; all in the name of research. It's for a good cause. I'll come back and blog about it too.


Everybody wins.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "Strippers can't/don't walk"