Friday 9 January 2009

Thankyous

Ok, might as well do this now, since I'm not that busy.

First of all. I think it's bery important to appreciate things. No matter how big or small, major or insignificant. Just don't overdo it. Everything in moderation, especially thankyous.

Come on now.

I don't understand people who want to say "Thank you" for every single thing. Everything. By everything I mean every-fucking-thing. Everything.

I can't understand that. I can't seem to comprehend people who say "thanks" at the end of every phone call.

I don't get that. Seriously.

Them: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey, what's up?" (yes, even in phone calls my spelling is immaculate
:p)
Them: "Nothing much, you..?"
... blah blah blah, empty conversation blah blah blah...
then the conversation quickly comes to an end
Me: "ok, then I'll talk to you again some other time, bye!" (thumb is
already on the red button at thispoint)
Them: "alright then, thanks for the call hey!"


It's at this point where I have no idea what to say. Nothing. My mind is a blank. I've got nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Simply because I wasn't expecting that. I can't explain it, but I just can't find anything to say in response to that. Nothing.

I know it's no big deal, but I don't understand why you have to thank me for calling you. You didn't ask me to. I took a few minutes out of the 1440 that I had on that particular day and spent them talking to you on the phone. Maybe that's the reason why you feel you need to thank me, but really, it's ok. You don't have to.
Unless you asked me to call you. Then you can say thanks and I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I insist that you thank me for the very same reason stated above. (I took time out of the 24 hours in my day and spent them talking to you on the phone.)
You gotta thank me for that. I could have chosen not to call. But I did. Be thakful for that. I'm not asking you to worship me. A simple "thanks for the call" will do. Only if you asked me to call you. Basically only if you gave me very little choice.

Same applies to the very akward goodbyes at the end of conversations with fake people. You know, the ones that always want to wish you something... "enjoy your day" (even if it's not your birthday or wedding day for that matter - it's not really YOUR day. It's just a normal day like yesterday, only difference is... it's today.) "have a great weekend" (even if it's not Easter weekend or any specially marked weekend).
And I'm sure there are countless others out there. But you basically get what I'm saying.

Why is it so important to you that I enjoy "my" day? What if I don't. Will you ask me if I did? Will you make it better if I called you halfway through it and told you that I wasn't in fact enjoying my day as you had wished? huh? I didn't think so. SO STOP IT! I mean it.
Unless it actually is my day, I strongly suggest you don't wish me anything. Never mind the fact that you're wasting my airtime. It's only because I wont even spend one second of said day, thinking about how you wished me a "wonderful day" and that I must make sure that I do just that.

I don't care if it's courtesy. Keep it. Unless it indeed is my birthday/wedding day/Easter/Christmas or any other day that we both know should be enjoyed.

Don't even say that at the end of your emails. It's irritating.

Though there are a few people I allow to say these things to me and get away with it. Purely because they genuinely care about me enjoying my day. I appreciate it ladies. :)

I appreciate you wishing me enjoyment, but I don't actually care.


Ok, thanks, bye-bye!

Enjoy your day!

:p
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "Thankyous"