Monday 18 February 2008

Finding Jesus...

...I just remembered this after saying "Lord knows" in the previous post...

Here goes nothing...



There's something that's been gnawing at my brain for ages now... I think I need to share it with y'all!

Why is it that when people are lying on their death beds or just found out they're dying from some desease, that they suddenly decide to find Jesus and get saved and what not.

You hear of people getting HIV/AIDS after sleeping around with tons of different sexual partners, without a care in the world, with Jesus not crossing their minds even for a second.
I don't understand how people can be so reckless with their lives knowing the dangers that lie out there. I have very little sympathy for people who don't protect themselves, get infected and all of a sudden want us to help save them.

I guess it only makes logical sense to turn to Christ when you're in trouble. But why not turn to him even before you get into trouble; while things are still going great, and you're healthy and all? Why should we cry with you when you can't take yourself to the loo and shit all over yourself? Why? Why is it that all of a sudden when you get infected you decide to preach to us about the dangers of HIV/AIDS? The same dangers were there long before you got yourself infected. If you didn't listen to those that came before you that tried to warn you, what makes you think the stuff you're saying is actually getting through to those like you (the you before you got infected)?

I've got nothing against people who decide to turn their lives around after something bad has happened to them, but what I'm against, is... waiting for something bad to happen to you before you do.

I've never really had anything bad happen to me. I've never been involved in drugs, I don't have a terminal desease, I'm not involved in any sort of crime. Does that mean I should wait for something drastic to happen before changing for the greater good? NO! I can do it anytime I want. I don't have to wait for test results to tell me that now is is the time.

I'm not a sait I'm still a sinner, and I know most of us are, and am not damning anyone for choosing to change their lives after realising the errors of their ways.

In the same breath, I'm not saying that when you give your life over to Christ you automatically stop being a sinner. Even if you might (wanna) appear Holier-than-thou in public, only you and your god know what you do behind closed doors. We've all heard of the seedy (no pun intended) things "holy" people do when no one's watching. The very same people who were the first to cast the stone; then when those things come out into the open, people are quick to say... "who would've thought?". Forgetting that before being Christian/spiritual beings/the Blessed ones, you are first and foremost, human. And making mistakes, whether you learn from them or not, is part and parcel of being human.

I would hate to be one of those people. I don't go to church. I don't pray everyday. I don't read the Bible. But I do ...(I know you've heard ths before)... believe in God and that through Him everything and anything is possible. As tempting as it is to blame Him when things go wrong and to praise Him when everything's peachy... I don't. I believe He gives each one of us a choice and it's up to us to choose what to do and what to make of those choices and decisions. I make use of every opportunity that comes my way (sometimes) and if it doesn't go my way, I know it's no-one's fault but my own. I made the wrong decision... if I were to wake up one day and to find out I was HIV positive, I wouldn't turn around and point a finger at God and say it's his fault I got infected. I wouldn't blame anyone but myself. I was the one who chose not to put a condom on. I'm the one who "didn't wanna break the mood", and put it in without thinking twice. So it's not a matter of how he's turned his back on me, it's all about choices.

I believe in everything I do (or don't do), I have/had a choice.

I have nothing against you if you choose to turn to God after having made wrong choices time and time again. I hope everything works out for you.

Everytime you fall, pick something up.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 killa comment(s): on "Finding Jesus..."

Charles Siboto said...

People turn to Jesus when they need help because it's convenient at the time. When they're having a jolly good time they figure that inviting Jesus over will just spoil the fun because of all the rules involved in religion.

tehPaperCut said...

That's very tru man, although it could even be interpreted as "convenient" I still think it sucks... It's as if they use religion/Jesus/God like a disposable handkerchief to come wipe their tears, then after that, that's it.

>kudos<