Tuesday 5 August 2008

Come on... let's abbreviate stuff!

Brainstormdesigns



Why the hell is everything getting abbreviated?

Come on!

I think there's only one person to blame for this. Carson Daily! (I can't even spell his surname... LOL)
In case you didn't know, he's the guy who first said TRL (Total Request Live) on MTV (Music Television). He made the phrase so popular that everything's getting abbreviated nowadays. If the abbreviated (I'm getting tired of typing out the whole word... I'm using abbr. from now on... sue me!) anyway... if some genuis comes up with a cool name for something. They just gotta have it abbreviated. (Oops).

I was listening to the radio just now. (I'm not much of a radio fanboi) Ok, so I was listening and this other person interviewing a Ms. Sangweni about a Holiday Inn in Soweto decided to abbreviate the name of the show (Breakfast With Thomas) and call it... BWT. (that's basically the inspiration behind this post)
I don't know, but something just goesn't sound right about BWT. It doesn't have that vrrr about it.

Anyways...

If you're a creative out there thinking about creating something. Just make sure it sounds cool abbreviated.

Thank you.

:P


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "Come on... let's abbreviate stuff!"