Wednesday 6 August 2008

Me.

I've been through a lot of things both good and bad. The good has been very good and the bad pretty bad.





I love music.
I love food.
I love exploring.

I am "snobbish".
I am "ghetto".
I am a coward.
I am brave.
I am smart.
I am creative.
I am talented.

I am not a hard worker.
I am not fake.
I am not afraid to say what you least expect of me.

I've been excited.
I've been saddened.
I've been hurt.
I've hurt.
I've been good
I've been bad.
I've been very bad. (Upon request of course)

I'm naughty. (Upon completion of a non-liability form)
I'm nice.
I've loved.
I've hated.
I've been hated, loved, admired, and envied. (Sometimes all at once)
I'm rude at times.
I'm cool most of the time.

I've lived with family.
I've lived with strangers.
I've lived in a hostel type setup.
I've lived on my own.
I've lived with a gay guy. (no, not like that!)
I've lived with a woman.
I've lived with a girl.

I've done the whole "long-distance relationship" thing.
I've done the whole "live-in-lover" thing.
I've done the whole "loving someone else's girl" thing.
I've done the whole "kissing someone else's girl" thing. (while the guy was there :P)
I've done the whole "seeing a married woman" thing.
I've done the whole "doing somebody's fiancè" thing.
I've done the whole "dating at work" thing.

I've travelled.
I've walked long distances. (for no particular reason, sometimes it's ok to just explore your surroundings)
I've gone to therapy.
I've gone to places where I didn't know anyone.
I've gone to places where I knew everyone.
I've gone home when I hit hard-times.
I've gone home to celebrate the good times.

I've been late for interviews.
I've been early for interviews.
I've been offered jobs and accepted.
I've been offered jobs and declined.

I've been first.
I've been in the middle.
I've been last.

I've been an over-achiever.
I've failed.
I've passed.
I've been top of my class.
I've been average.
I've dropped out of school.

I've been an intern.
I've been in trouble.
I've talked myself out of trouble.
I've talked myself (and others) into trouble.

I've been known to speak my mind.
I've been known to say very little at times.
I've been known as the trouble maker.
I've been known as the saint among sinners.
I've been known as a staunch churchgoer.
I've been known to skip church for years on end.


I've felt like dying.
I've felt like crying.
I've felt like smiling for no reason.
I've felt like flying.
I've felt like running in no particular direction.

I've wanted more.
I've been offered more.
I've wanted less.
I've been offered less.
I've asked.
I've received.
I've achieved

I've lived as I have envisioned.

Most of all, through it all... I've always been and will continue to be... me.





All these things that I've been through have, without a doubt, made me the Mxolisi Mkhonza that I am right this very second.



I don't regret anything I've ever done. I regret the things I've never done. Most of which I don't even remember; because I've always done what I felt like doing at the time. I don't live off of regrets. My life is based on experiences. All this is me. All this is based on a true story. My story.



Who I am and what makes me... me.



At 23, I've done things most can only dream of. And the worst part is that I'm only getting started. I'd hate to look back at my life and feel like there's something I've missed out on. I've tried to be as true to myself as I possibly can. I admit at times I failed. But other times I succeded beyond my wildest dreams.



Stick around... there's more to come.



Truly yours...

Mxolisi Mkhonza, Mathe, Malobisa, Mangena, wena owawela umfula ugcwele ngezihlenge!
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "Me."