Monday 22 September 2008

{ untitled }

Me. Wearing my Keffiyeh
I don't undersand why some stores here in SA market the Keffiyeh as women's scarves?


I guess that explains the weird looks I've been getting for wearing mine.


Most people seem to be of the belief that everything that closely resembles anything feminine is indeed feminine. But it's really not. As a matter of fact. The Keffiyeh is traditionally ONLY worn by men. Strictly. Women wear other stuff. For women. Not Keffiyehs.


Crap.


Sucks when you wanna expand your wardrobe and the lady standing behind the counter gives you funny looks when you're eyeing one of the items on display - and it just happens to be a Keffiyeh.


I saw a manniken all dolled up in one - a female one nogal. I felt the urge to educate people but just decided against it. If they think it looks pretty on a female manniken (I'm sure there's one word for that); then I guess there's very little a single entity like myself can do about it.


If they wanna market it as a female accessory then fine. I'll still wear mine!


I guess people don't really care about the significance or meaning behind wearing it. But it's okay.



:P

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "{ untitled }"