Wednesday 17 September 2008

Just a thought...

Help me out here...

All I need you to do is help me out a little bit.

I need you to do two things... 1. Think of Scotland. Ok. Are you done? Great.

Now lemme see if I can correctly guess the Scotland you had in your head for those few short seconds.

It's probably the Scotland where there's men wearing kilts and knee-high white socks... right? Or maybe you even had some Scottish whisky clouding your vision. No one knows for sure except you. But that's not the point I'm trying to make here.

My main concern is not what you were thinking. I know. Shocking. I'm more interested in what you were not thinking.

Yes, what you were NOT thinking.

Here's what I was thinking... I was asking myself...
How come there are no women in Scotland?

Don't look at me as if I'm strange or something. You know I'm right. There're very few women in Scotland. If any.

I have never even heard a Scottish accent done by a female voice. Never. Not ever.

The first thing people (you included) think about when it comes to Scotland is the dress-wearing men, bag pipes, the Lochness, and maybe whisky. Never the hot sexy women of the Scottish highlands (if there are any - I stand to be corrected). Never. I bet you 300 000 Zim Dollars.

I don't think women like their men wearing skirts in public. Maybe they go in hiding, or migrate to neighbouring countries like Finland or Amsterdam (NB: I have absolutely no idea how near or far these countries are from Scotland. I'm just saying. Don't use this in your University thesis. You WILL fail.)

Anyway...

I think either the women have turned lesbian just so they can also get some recognition (by wearing skirts) from the rest of the world.

And it seems Google is in agreement with me. [click here] It seems all the women have taken up manly sports to get some sort of sense of identity considering the fact that the men seem to have completely overshadowed their existence. hence my (and maybe yours too) thinking that there are no women in Scotland.

:P
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 killa comment(s): on "Just a thought..."

miss milly said...

scottish women bring to mind those hypnotizing green eyed ladies with the most gorgeous head of bright ginger red hair. Mind you that is a stereotype I am sure!


here's a youtuber teen from scotland with an awesome accent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?=pZKnXIuWDiQ

miss milly said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKnXIuWDiQ