Friday 26 September 2008

I'm a dreamer...

There's just so many things I would like to do and achieve in my life that I feel like everything else is just a continuous procrastination.

I wanna do things. Create stuff. Design captivating graphics/website/whatever. Engaging creations. So much. I wanna see my stuff being featured on magazines. On randome websites. I wanna know more than I do now. I wanna learn stuff. I wanna teach myself stuff. I wanna see exactly how far I can get as an individual. As young as I am. I feel like I haven't achieved enough. I want more. I'm not greedy, I'm just hungry for knowledge.

And it seems like everyday a new dream pops up. Every chance I get, a new idea crosses my mind and leaves behind its indelible footprints which bother me non-stop. I've got so many things lined up in my head, I wonder if my time on this Earth will be long enough for me to achieve them all. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to work 8 hours a day so I can realise my dreams.

There's just so much I want to accomplish before I reach my death. I'm not being morbid or anything, I'm just being real about things. We all know we're gonna all perish one day. None of us are guaranteed a permanent stay on this planet. Unless you know something he rest of us don't.

I wanna change so many lives. I wanna give so much of me to so many people. People I don't even know. And not in a huge charity event involving sponsorships and whatever. I wanna help people who are far less fortunate than I have been. Sounds cheezy and I don't care. (Funny I should say this coz I don't even give money to beggars. In fact beggars anger me. I don't understand the logic behind someone who'd rather stand at a street corner and beg, rather than work for a sanitation company cleaning bathrooms. Anyway)

I wanna see more of the world. I don't wanna be old and wrinkly at 86 or whatever and only tell be telling my grandkids the same stories about my life in Bloemfontein & Pretoria. I want them to look forward to visiting me so I can keep them entertained with my stories of seeing the world. The experiences. The people. The atmosphere.

I can never stop dreaming. I don't want it to stop. It's one of those things I do best.

"Happy are those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

A friend once said that to me (damn, just remembered, it was her birthday on the 21st of August. Crap. Forgot to call her. Damn!).

We were chilling at her place a few years ago and I was telling her about where I see myself in the future and what I want to achieve etc. And what she said has stayed with me since that day. I believe in it completely. If I don't believe in the beauty of my own dreams, then who will?


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "I'm a dreamer..."