Monday 1 September 2008

Google me baby!


For some reason, somebody was busy Google-ing me. Yes... Google-ing. That's a word. Google-ing. Get used to it.


Now, where was I...?


Oh yes... beeing Google'd (Yes, that's also a word, don't start with me!)


Somebody, for some unknown reason.. has been Google-ing me. Don't ask me how I know, I'm just 1337 like that.


I don't have anything against being Google'd just that it's really got me curious - who in their right mind would want to google me? And take the time and energy to actively follow the link Google kicked back? Why? Why do you wanna keep tabs on me? Who are you? How is it possible that you know - and correctly spell - my name and surname?


While pondering these life-changing questions... there's only one person I could think of. And at the same time it left me even more confused.


Why are you Google-ing me?
Why don't you just call me (don't forget to hide ID this time), keep quiet and hang up like you used to? At least then I know for sure that it's you. You know?
So... since you managed to find me (or my blog rather) via Google, I think it's only fair that you don't stop there... tell your friends about me.

Tell 'em to Google me baby!


Here's a thought:


What comes up when you Google yourself? I know it's a sign of vanity, but really, try it. Google yourself just as you Google'd me. See what comes up. Then Google me again; this time using my full names (I'm sure you're familiar with them by now?). See what comes up now? I'm sure you'll realise there's an obvious difference between you and I. Google knows me. On the other hand... Google has no clue who you are. Oh... does it suggest other names you could be looking for? Or does it simply give you the 'Your search did not return any documents ' error?

Anyway, thanks for the time you invested in Google-ing for me, and thanks even more for clicking on that link and reading my blog.

You should leave a comment or something, so that I know you were here.

Bye.


Thanks again.

ps: in case you think I Google'd myself... no. I live in Pretoria but work in Johannesburg. And all my proxy is actually in the next room, so it can't be me. And the proxy at my previous employer is in Cape Town, so...


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

1 killa comment(s): on "Google me baby!"

tehPaperCut said...

It seems the person Google-ing me, is the exact same person I thought it was.

So therefore... mistery solved. Case closed. Normal blogging will resume shortly.

:P