Friday 25 July 2008

/*/ untitled /*/

Now, first off... I wanna get one thing clear.

We all don't have a lot of time on this here planet. The fact that you've lived as long as you have has nothing to do with anything except the fact that your time just hasn't come yet.

It has nothing to do with the fact that you take a shower twice a day, say Grace before every meal, you bruch your teeth, floss, then Listerine three times a day. Or the fact that you have wear rossary and have one hanging on your head-board in your bedroom. You know, the one you either always hide in the drawer and are even ashamed to look at during sex? Yeah, that one.

All that has absolutely nothing to do with how long you'll live and have lived so far.

Bearing that in mind, living on the edge will also not guarantee that you'll actually die of something. I mean like how people are so scared of bungee jumping or skydiving or anything that has even the slightest element of death in it.

People die in their sleep all the time!

There's probably one that just died after I put the exclamation mark on the sentece above. My condolences.

So I really don't understand why people would want to spend their weekends or vacations. [Or whatever excuse they use to get away from work]. Doing the following: (1) Travelling all the way to Italy to look at where some dead guy used to live. (2) Talking at least 4 hours out of their day to walk up a small hill; admire the vista then walk all the way back again. I mean WTF!?

All these things don't really mean much to me.

I'm more of an event kinda guy. I want to go somewhere to do something that I've never done before. Either that or go somewhere and be part of something that has either never or is the beginning of something.

Take for instance, going clubbling. I don't really do the whole club hopping thing. I'd rather go to the club when I'm gonna go see something special. Like for an album launch or something, or a club's last gig before it closes. Quick examples: I was at DJ Fresh's Definition of House 2 album launch, I was there when a club called Times4 was moving from Hatfield to Sunnyside.
I've only been to Times4 once since. To see this guy!

I don't understand people who do something that's just gonna go be engraved in peoples' minds forever. Another quick example: I'd much rather go to a rare art exhibition than just go to the Pretoria Art Museum [which is not too far from where I live] for the hell of it.

If walking in open spaces and looking at beautiful scenes is your thing, then by all means go for it.
I don't have anything against God's wonderful creations, but let's just say I'd rather see something rare, and not something I probably grew up around. This is South Africa forgodssake! I'd much rather go see God's Window or go to the Drakensberg, or Sutherland or some place where I'll actually see something wonderful. Something like the Niagara Falls or Victoria Falls or even Ratunga Junction or something.

I'm just saying, I'd rather go clay pigeon shooting than wine tasting. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against wine. I love my wines with a passion, I'd just rather shoot something than taste wines. Easy as that.

I don't wanna spend the little time that I have in my life climbing useless hills. I'd rather live my life LIVING my life. Do you understand me?

Maybe I'm being weird, but I don't see spending months hiking up a frozen mountain, with a thick percentage of freezing my limbs off, and an even greater chance of losing my life as "an adventure".

I'd rather risk breaking some bones doing something dangerous like quad biking/go-karting/paintball(ing) [is that even a word?]. It's just the way I'm wired.

This post probably doesn't make a lotta sense to you, and most unfortunately, I don't care.

:P
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 killa comment(s): on "/*/ untitled /*/"